Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania

On June 30th our connecting flight from Charolette to Myrtle beach was cancelled and we had to drive by bus for 4 hours to get there.On our return flight home at the airport they delayed our flight to Charolette, therefore we could not make our connecting flight home...

so we had to find a different airline which flew us to Atlanta and connected us to Allentown ... from there we had to take a car service home another hour away.

I've emailed them twice and have not heard a word from them.I paid plenty for the tickets to not be inconvenienced by driving to airports and am sadly disappointed.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Us Airways?

Comments

US Airways does not care about their customers, trust me, as a Chairman traveling with them since 1993 they could care less of status or whatever regarding connections.The point A to point B is a joke.

You didn't pay to ride a bus but to fly.They are Useless Air trust me.

4Justice

According to the carrier contract, airlines are required to get you from Point A to Point B.When you get to your destination, weather, and other unforseen circumstances do not usually apply.

This seems to be the case on your first leg (albeit inconveniant by bus). Regarding the second leg of your trip, it sounds like you went out on your own and made your own travel arrangements once you learned the flight was delayed--BIG MISTAKE! You should have made the airline deal with that. If you decided not to wait then you have no recourse as for the reasons earlier stated above.

I am no fan of US Air.However, travelers need to make themselves informed of the rules PRIOR to cases such as this.