Us Airways - Ruined Luggage

Chattanooga, Tennessee 1 comment
1.3
Level of Comfort

On the first leg of my trip, the baggage handlers caused a bottle in my suitcase to crack, which spilled liquid on my clothing. Then coming back, a wheel was ripped off my suitcase.

All I got from customer service was some song-and-dance about them not being liable for such damage. My luggage is less than 2 years old. It has been overseas with Delta and was not damaged. I cannot afford new luggage every time I fly.

I am terribly disappointed in their cavalier attitude about my luggage. US Airways has terrible service and I will not use them again unless I have to.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of us airways baggage policies from Us Airways. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $150 and wants Us Airways to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was how my baggage was handled and damaged. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Us Airways for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

No airline will cover damage to wheels,handles,straps ect because they can get damaged in the hold.also if you packed a glass bottle in your carry on luggage and it broke its your fault.That is not packed properly or in the right container.you risked damaging 100s of others bags because you did not pack properly.

Us Airways Baggage Policies Review from Sacramento, California

Sacramento, California 1 comment
2.0

It wasn't enough that my flight was delayed but their crew also ruined my luggage. They responded to my email saying that they aren't liable for any damages caused to my luggage as I was supposed to report it in person when I arrived.

Hello! It's 11pm and you've been on a plane all day so ofcourse you just want to get the heck out of there.

I paid a lot for my plane ticket, I respected all their plane crafts I got into, and cleaned after myself. They just couldn't simply train their crew to respect customer belongings and then turn around and say they aren't liable for any damages.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of us airways baggage policies. Us Airways needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned us airways baggage policies in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Us Airways.

Comments

Most airlines have a time limit to report damage.you agreed to that,you didnt follow through.no one to blame but yourself.airlines need to see damage when you arrive,so then they know the damage happened while the bag is in their custody.

Us Airways - Stuck in Jamaica

, Curaçao 0 comments

booked flights four months ago, going was fine. Coming home was awful.

They changed our flight in Jamaica. They gave us no choice other then to stay there. So we wanted to get back to the U.S. So we had no choice.

Took the flight back and now we have 5/12 hour wait to get home. No other choice. Not a sorry not a another airline was offered, nothing. So here we sit.

Waiting because usairways can't get there stuff right. Not our fault. Never again. I sent a complaint in to there office and haven't heard a single word from them.

They gave one thing to us . I am disabled person and can't sit, stand or walk for long and here I am with a soar ness and my husband so pissed.

It was stay in Jamaica and spend more money or take what we have!!

Redsix12 wrote the review because of "and so much more" at Us Airways. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Us Airways to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Us Airways us airways flight for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

US AIRWAYS...NOT ALLOWED TO BOARD CONNECTING FLIGHT

Southaven, Mississippi 0 comments
1.5

We were 4 passengers traveling from Memphis to Madrid,Spain with connecting flight at Charlotte on June 21,2015.The flight from Memphis US 5329 was delayed by an hour .The ground staff , Ms Shuang Yu was extremely helpful and went out of the way to make sure that we and everybody in the waiting area were informed constantly about when the flight would ***.She gave us seats in the front of the plane and put a priority tag on our luggage so it would be unloaded quickly and transferred to the next flight.She turned the flight around to Charlotte in the quickest time possible by getting the passengers quickly in the aircraft for Charlotte.We reached Charlotte at 830 pm and quickly started running to catch the flight to Madrid.Gate D11 was quite a distance off but two of us got there and begged the lady at the gate to allow two of the other passengers in our party who were just two to three minutes away to get into the plane with us.One of the ladies was my wife's 70 year old aunt who was coming in the airport cart.My wife reached a few minutes later but we were still waiting for her aunt to arrive.The gate attendant ,a blonde Spanish lady was extremely rude and started screaming to another lady that she could not wait and gave me and my wife an ultimatum that if we did not get in the aircraft she would lock the gate.We both got in ,but my wife's aunt's son in law decided to wait for her.When I entered the plane we requested the air purser, a really nice Spanish gentleman that we were waiting for my Wife's aunt to arrive and to wait.He said that should not be a

problem.Within a few minutes my wife's aunt and her son in law were at the gate but the Gate attendant would not allow them to get in,saying that their luggage had not been transferred this flight.She came into the aircraft and told me that she could allow only the two of us to board the flight and not the other two.I begged her that we were starting a tour in Madrid the very next day and our plans would be disrupted but she kept telling us,that it does not work this way as she did not believe our baggages were transferred.I told her that our baggages had priority tags but she told me in the plane in front of the Spanish air purser,Mr Lucas to 'Shut UP'.The plane took off without our two fellow passengers who were then shunted to another British Airways flight.When we reached Madrid ,all our baggages were at the baggage claim.Our two fellow passengers arrived at 7 pm next day believing the luggage was in their plane while it had come with us.US Airways had no idea where the luggage was .THIS WAS UNNECESSARY HARRASSMENT BY US AIRWAYS,SPECIALLY BY THIS BLONDE SLIM SPANISH LADY AT GATE D11 ON 22JUNE 2015.Instead of helping us we were inconvinienced by her where she did not allow 2 of us to board while others who were late from other flights were allowed to board while she was spending time trying to be difficult .She was very egoistic and possibly parochial with us as she let other Caucasian passengers to get in and kept us outside .

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of rudeness and poor excuses lack of customer care. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of us airways flight attendant. Us Airways needs to "i want an apology from us air and the errant staff should be pulled up so she does not repeat this with anyone else" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned us airways flight attendant in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Us Airways.

Us Airways - Simple Review #1438458381

Winston, Georgia 0 comments
Number of Destinations

Went to my assigned seat and found someone sitting in it who informed me that the flight attendants had given my seat to her and that I would have to find an empty seat. The flight attendants never asked me if I was amenable to giving up my seat nor did they help me to locate an empty seat. To top it off we sat on the runway for no apparent reason

Review about: Us Airways Flight.

Us Airways - Simple Review #1438457733

Phoenix, Arizona 0 comments
Number of Destinations

Flight from Orange County to Pheonix, sat on the plane for 45 minutes. Ran to connection flight terminal with less than 1 minute to last call boarding because prior flight was 50 minutes late.

Currently sitting on plane while we wait for the pilot to arrive.

This flight is currently 25 minutes behind schedule and counting. Get your *** together US airlines.

Review about: Us Airways Flight 593.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Us Airways - Simple Review #1438452513

New York, New York 0 comments

Reserved for two month and the flight has been cancelled and put on stand by on two next flights and they already full They just play games with their customers

Review about: Us Airways Flight.

Horrible customer service on US Airways

Charlotte, North Carolina 1 comment

I was on flight 730 from CLT to London July 21. It was delayed three hours and then cancelled due to maintenance issues.

Many of us got on flight 732 which was subsequently delayed by an hour becasue they didn't have a driver for the tractor that 'pushes the airplane back from the gate!' Later that night around Newfoundland, the plane had to return due to 'a security breach' in the business class cabin. Turns out it was an unruly female passenger, but it would have been comforting to those of us who vividly remember 9/11 to accurately describe it as a lunatic who was restrained and not lead us to believe (as we turned around mid-air) that we might be heading for a very unpleasant fate. They flew us to Philadelphia. Why?

Why not back to CLT? So, they dump me and my family off at Philly at 4:30 AM and gave us $10 each; "you figure out how you're getting to London," oh and by the way, the next flight is in 14 hours. No rebooking, no accomodation, no service! This is a HORRRIBLE airline with lax SECURITY!

Avoid them if you can.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of us airways flight 730. Us Airways needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned us airways flight 730 in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Us Airways.

Comments

It will not be long before they cease to exist.

Us Airways Flight Review from Marion, Mississippi

Marion, Mississippi 2 comments
1.9
Number of Destinations

Here's a first (for me anyway). Flight delayed because airplane has too much fuel for take-off on assigned runway.

Sitting here for over 40 mins on tarmack with engines racing intentionally burning jet fuel to lessen capacity. Wow. Way to be environmentally, and economically responsible US Air. If I could get off this plane right now I would.

Ridiculous way to handle situation. Wrong on all levels.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Us Airways. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Us Airways to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Comments

Yes airlines dont want to waste fuel,but it happens and it cost the airlines $1000s.Not much else they could do but cancel the flight.It happen with all airlines.

I agree 100%. The plane should have tried to *** so that it and you ended up being a fireball at the end of the runway.

Don't you want them to put safety first?

US Airways does not want to burn off fuel either. You make a judgment without knowing any of the facts. Perhaps the plane was fueled up for departure from a longer runway; maybe the wind shifted (planes *** into the wind) so that a shorter runway had to be used; perhaps there were problems with the longer runway, e.g.

debris on the runway; Don't ridicule what is happening when you don't know the facts.

Us Airways Travel Policy Review from Winthrop, Maine

Winthrop, Maine 5 comments
1.3
Number of Destinations

You cancelled our after delaying it twice blaming it on traffic control, then weather related flights, and the best was one of your employees was over their regulated hours of time to work just crappy excuses. Once again you tell me repeatedly how this is not your airlines fault and I need to deal with it.

Telling a Woman with two children that you have now have left stranded and will not offer any accommodations whatsoever then have the audacity to tell her to SLEEP IN THE AIRPORT WITH THE TWO CHILDREN? After completely defeating this Woman, She asks you for any help and you give her a different flight 4 hours south of her original destination or 5 hours west of her destination.

Thank God a family friend drove 4 hours in the middle of the night to get them since you wouldn't even comp then a hotel!

You are the worst airline out there and I hope the employee and supervisor behind the counter with attitude get fired as you both thought it was very comical to offer a partial refund expecting us to go and purchase three tickets last minute on another airline to go home which we could not afford. Thanks alot US Airways for a horrible experience!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of us airways travel policy. Us Airways needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned us airways travel policy in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Us Airways.

Comments

This could happen with any airline.No airline will pay for hotel when its weather or air traffic control or any other reason out of their control.And im sure they werent making up exuses for cancellation.they have to report all delays and cancellations to faa and dot and reason.They want to get you to your destination,they need to get their crews and airplanes on to the next destination because they have other flights and if flights get cancelled crews and aircraft are out of sequence and it causes more problems to the operation.airlines do not want to cancel flights.But when they do the option is to get in the next available flight,or opt for a refund or you can take another flight with that carrier to a different destination.if you choose another airport the airlines will waive fees but then your on your own from there on.Almost every airline operates this way.all airlines are different but this part us the same

It is clear that you do not fly frequently. Airlines do not provide hotel rooms for delays caused by weather.

It is clear that you did not read the terms of the ticket you bought. If sleeping in an airport with TWO KIDS is a problem for you, you should have brought more money to get a hotel room for them.

Commercial airlines do not fly without Air Traffic Control approval. If the weather is bad, Air Traffic Control may not let a flight leave because a) other airplanes are backed up and circling around your destination airport, b) ATC is not allowing planes to leave until the backlog of flights decreases, or c) the weather between you and your destination makes it unsafe.

You snicker at the time limits for crew member's work, but that is federal rules.

A flight and crew may be at an airport ready to go, but ATC keeps them from leaving while their time ticks, ticks, ticks away. When their time runs out, they cannot fly, without a full crew the plane cannot fly. Airlines do not keep spare crew members hanging out at every airport. If there is no replacement crew member, one has to be flown in.

None of these are the airlines fault. They owe you nothing. Under the terms of the contract YOU AGREED TO, the airlines offered you a flight the following day, an alternative flight to another airport, or a refund of the money for the remaining flight. This was good customer service.

The fact you did not want to accept one of these and thought YOU WERE ENTITLED to more than the contract you signed provided, is strictly the consequences of your choices.

to Anonymous #1012091

Actually they do I have had several airlines provide a room for any inconvenience. I can tell by your response that you must work in this industry and if you do I hope that you are not rude to families that just want too go home.

You have to remember that we do not work in the Airline industry and are not versed on all rules and regulations. Pulling onto the runway for an hour on the way there and sitting there on the runway for a employee is over time is understandable but why board the plane? Why would you be so rude as to tell someone who was being nice and respectful towards you to go sleep in the chairs very disrespectfully? Your points to the behavior of these particular employees are not addressed what so ever.

Is that not noted in the contract that I agreed to when purchasing these tickets of how to treat US Airways Employees acting like two year olds? They didn't cancel our flight because of weather that was just one of the many excuses they used to try to get out of the fact that they clearly were in the wrong. Again I was calm and very respectful to them unlike the person next to me screaming at them demanding free everything.

Apparently common courtesy doesn't exist anymore. Clearly.

to Anonymous #1012235

Frequently people treat hearing something contrary to what they want as being rude. Is that the situation here?

It does not matter how "nice and respectful" you are, you are not entitled to a hotel room for a weather delay. Airlines do provide hotel rooms when they are at fault, e.g mechanical problems. You have not shown or even explained why this is any thing other than a weather delay. Why were you not nicer, simply by not asking for something that you knew you were not entitled to under the ticket contract, the terms of which you read.

Should agents be nicer. Absolutely, but it must be difficult to be nice when you have a full planeload of people requesting and demanding hotel rooms and other things they are not entitled to. It is easy for frustration to slip into the agent's tone of voice.

I do not work for an airline, I just believe people should take responsibility by accepting what they agreed to in the contract.

You say you do not know all the rules and regulations, but this is a fairly common one. When you bought your ticket you checked a box that you read and/or agreed to those terms.

Were you lying when you checked that box?

to Anonymous #1012903

Okay as I stated clearly above. There were several excuses that were used, Weather was only one of them if you re-read what I have written then I am sure you can see the frustrating occurrence we encountered.

Regardless of your opinion on my issue which you have every right to state. I will respectfully decline to have you call me a liar or refer to me as one.

I do hope that the next time someone gives three different issues of why your trip is not going as planned remember to eat your own words, Memorize that contract and embrace that 19 hour stay at the airport with the rude agents telling you to enjoy your chairs with your children. You can focus on weather all you want but that wasnt the issue just again an excuse.

~Regards.