US Airways - us airlines fly the us skies scam nashville

Dec 15, 2010
review #211676

12/13/10 My husband opened a letter with no return address.Inside was a letter from US Airlines Fly the US Skies stating that he had qualified for an award of 2 round trip airline tickets,up to $1400.oo anywhere in the continental U.S.

That they had tried to contact him several times without success, this was their last attempt. Call 1-866-995-9308. Of Course it was signed by none other than VP Barbara Dion. BT-55797 was at the bottom.

BEWARE!after researching online this is a scam.Please don't fall for this.

954a359
Had an experience with US Airways?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Dannae

Jun 04

Also received this in the mail. The phone number is 855-630-9184 on mine. Not bothering to call it. Have seen too many entries online about this being a scam. Beware!

dave

Jun 02

Same issue, different phone number. I wish there was something meaningful that could be done besides stating online that phone number 1-754-206-3258 and routing number 431223318876 acc number 223112446677 is a damnable spammer

No-Way

Aug 24, 2013 San Diego, California

Got one in the mail today, 8/15/2013. Same thing: Call Immediately 1-877-379-7752... voucher value $1,199.00. Looks very realistic. Fly the US Skies. USA Airlines...
Don't be suckered!

Melissa

Jun 04, 2013 Laguna Beach, California

Just got one today! They sure make it look like you could just deposit that check at the bank! Thank you all who have posted here! It is Amazing EVERYONE who gets one doesn't check and see if it is a scam before proceeding! I guess sitting through one timeshare presentation in your life will make you stay away from any free offers of trips or vacations ever...they are worse than car salesmen and you stick with it because you want your "prize", which ma or may not be given out. If it's too good to be true than it IS too good to be true.

Big Daddy Z

Jun 03, 2013

This is for a Timeshare presentation. On the back of the check it mentions a "90 minute travel presentation" which will not be anywhere near 90 minutes, they will drive you insane with the hard sell. My guess is they'll force you to stay at one of their properties and charge you for it, which is how they recoup their money and then will take every opportunity to SELL SELL SELL you a timeshare or something else you don't want for an exorbitant amount of money. You probably will get the free flight, after you pay all the taxes and fees, so it'll be slightly cheaper than a flight you could book online, but it won't be a fun trip!

Gotonetoo

May 09, 2013 Murrieta, California

NOTICE it says USA Airlines - there is no such thing! If I were US Airlines I'd be pretty mad at these folks.

blackeyesblackhairs

May 09, 2013 Collinsville, Illinois

the check looks real...it this scram or what? check amount $1199.00 why the *** they would do something like this....what happen if i cash in? do i get in trouble? so i report to police?

Gottoknow

Mar 31, 2013 San Diego, California

OK- Got the same letter, $1199.00...Knowing it is a scam, what is the scam part. Data mining? lecture participation? buy something to validate? Or call # and be charged for phone call?

Kimmie

Mar 24, 2013 Montgomery, Alabama

I received one today...for $1199.00 the number they're using is 1-888-736-6785...so sad because I could really use a vacation...

Dee

Mar 19, 2013 Naples, Florida

I received the same, I knew it is a scam right away but I came online to see if any one fell for it, as a result what happened and found this page. I saw many different 800 numbers reported but not the one I had 1-888-736-2567. I hope recycling this envelop will do good to environment :grin

R.sherard

Mar 16, 2013 San Diego, California

From San Diego, California!! Recieved same letter: Fly the US skies!! ... Check amount $1,199.00. Payable to USA Airlines. No return address... Phone number (877)379-7752. Decided to google this before calling for more info.. Glad I did.. Several websites posted as scam!! Letter is now in the trash!! :p

Charro

Mar 23, 2013 San Diego, California

Just got mine here in San Diego, CA. The exact same letter as the person above. But, it looks so good, $1,199.00 US Dollars.
Can I at least frame the check?

Thanks Guys & Gals

Trisha

May 17, 2013 San Diego, California

We got ours today--Lucky us...Guess different parts of the country have different numbers to call. Turned it in to Consumer Bob on Channel 7 and am contacting the postmaster general because it is mail fraud. Stopped answering my landline unless it is family as i get at least 5 calls a day on scams--I have inheirted so much money from Nigaria that I should be living the life of luxury instead of working all day.. :(

roaddog

Aug 07, 2013 Los Angeles, California

yea i figured it a scam. what a shame, hope someone does not fall for it.
thanks to all who posted their info.

Mr. Share

Mar 09, 2013 San Diego, California

On march 9 I receive a letter saying i have won 2 round trip airfares to anyware in the continental inside was a check of 1199.00 . so i went to check in the internet and it come back as a scam who in the *** they think they are i hope they get punish for trying to scam people that really work for a leaving like me.

allofus106

Mar 13, 2013 Prattville, Alabama

Received same thing March 13, 2013. Knew immediately was a scam as I saw so much of this when in banking for 25 years...saw too many customers scammed yet I looked it up on internet to see if others had received same...they had..won't fall for it and hope others will not as well.. ,)

kfa

Mar 05, 2013

Mine came today--3/7/13--number to call is 888-737-3489. Do people REALLY fall for a non-negotiable check from a company that does not exist. This is not US Airways--or any other respectable airline--well, maybe no airlines are respectable these days, but this is definitely something bad.

Bronko

Mar 04, 2013 South Bend, Indiana

I just got one today In south Bend Indiana, I was just about to call, that's for the info. they are using the same naem Fly The US Skies with 1888 736 3571. same amount 1,999 wow I can believe I was going to call.

1-20 of 402 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about US Airways.
Filing a new complaint about
×