Us Airways - US AIRLINES-AWARD NOTIFICATION-CHECK SCAM
I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US.Mine came as a 3 sided tear off envelope, the kind you receive checks in.
It had BLUE blotted background and looks very real. This appears to be a check, with even an endorsement area on the back. It has everything on it that would convince anyone it is a legitimate check, numbers on the bottom(routing number, account, and check number), has "Travel Union" with an address (Scottsdale, AZ 85251) as the bank with a number below it, and dated, with amount and written amount, and then a phone number 1-800-476-8606, and signed by Charlette Koehn.
This is a very convincing scam, and I almost called, but was still suspicious because it says in the letter "FINAL NOTICE", and "We have attempted to contact you on several occasions.
This will be your last chance to respond.", which are absolute LIES. This is NOT even an airline AT ALL! US AIRWAYS should SUE this company for using leaching their name.
It's time these scammers get thrown in jail. If I won something without entering any contest, the alone should be criminal by misleading people.
I scanned the whole thing for people to see what the scam looks like, but don't have a way to post it here?It would be nice to show people what these scams look like, so they don't fall for it.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Award Notifications Tickets
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "2535 Hauser Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90016 Monday, December 21, 2015 c/o Mr. Constantino de Oliveira, Chairman c/o Mr. Paulo Sergio Kakinoff, President & Chief Executive Officer c/o Mr. Sérgio Quito, Chief Operating..."
- "I had a family emergency, and had to book my flight round trip, from Portland, Maine, to Tampa, Florida with a stop in Atlanta. I have always flown U.S. Air,..."
- "I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent. Not..."
- "Proof Origami Owl's copyrights are fraudulent. If they truly had original artwork no one ever made it would be a miracle The baseball softball can be found all over the..."
- "First let me say my credit score is over 800. I purchased my first house 2 months ago and began paying my bills through an online bill payer for convenience..."
- "Had a delivery of roses today and they were not in a vase as was paid for and some flowers were brown. The remaining roses were wilted. Nobody answers at..."
- "I have to lodge a complaint against a company providing limousine pick up in the USA. The company trades as “www.myairporttrip.com” and I booked several airports to hotel and hotel..."
- "WENT TO CHANEL TO BUY MAKE-UP WAS TOLD MY COMPLEXION IS TOO DARK AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE I TOLD THEN THAT IS DISCRIMINATION AND MY LAWYER WILL BE..."
- "First of all, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! They mislead me on price, took forever, and DESTROYED multiple items. Namely, I HAD a nice solid wood TV stand that..."