Us Airways - US AIRLINES-AWARD NOTIFICATION-CHECK SCAM

I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US.Mine came as a 3 sided tear off envelope, the kind you receive checks in.

It had BLUE blotted background and looks very real. This appears to be a check, with even an endorsement area on the back. It has everything on it that would convince anyone it is a legitimate check, numbers on the bottom(routing number, account, and check number), has "Travel Union" with an address (Scottsdale, AZ 85251) as the bank with a number below it, and dated, with amount and written amount, and then a phone number 1-800-476-8606, and signed by Charlette Koehn.

This is a very convincing scam, and I almost called, but was still suspicious because it says in the letter "FINAL NOTICE", and "We have attempted to contact you on several occasions.

This will be your last chance to respond.", which are absolute LIES. This is NOT even an airline AT ALL! US AIRWAYS should SUE this company for using leaching their name.

It's time these scammers get thrown in jail. If I won something without entering any contest, the alone should be criminal by misleading people.

I scanned the whole thing for people to see what the scam looks like, but don't have a way to post it here?It would be nice to show people what these scams look like, so they don't fall for it.

d4144a4 review #411713
220 Helpful? 189
Had the same issue34 Comments236 Report
Had an experience with Us Airways?  Submit review about this company
zack

Dec 09

Blocked # calls me every couple of months telling me that there is an outstanding invoice for advertising with there company and how would i be able to pay today bank wire or credit card. I laughed at them cursed they guy out and told him usually if you owe money for that long its forwarded to a creditor so i asked the guy who was the collection agency handling this bill on behalf of there company he said no one they are collecting the debt . He was insisting that i give me him my credit card number. I asked for his tax i d number to verify the existence of their company then he hung up on me.
Alot of scammers these days watch out people . Some people in this country dont make an honest day living
instead the leech on innocent people robbing them .

Michelle

Oct 30

I received a letter stating that I was awarded a 2-round trip airline tickets worth $1,375.00. The letter has my maiden name on it, which I had changed nearly 14 years ago, so that was my first red flag. Then, the letter gives you a deadline date of October 16, 2014.
It reads:
Dear Michelle,
I am pleased to inform you that you have qualified for an award of 2-round trip airline tickets. Congratulations! These tickets are valid for travel anywhere in the continental U.S. from any major international airport. The retail value of this award is up to $1,375.00. Certain restrictions apply.
We have attempted contacting you several times (no they haven't 2nd red flag) without success. This is our final attempt. If we do not hear from you soon, we may need to issue the ticket vouchers to the alternate.
Please call me today at 1-877-741-8514. Regards, Angela Berry Customer Realations Manager The US Airlines logo at the top of the letter wasn't even in color, its obvious it was a mass copy. Total scam, DO NOT fall for this and continue to report these idiots.

2smart

Oct 14 New York, New York

What a bunch of losers these people are. I received offer today 10-14-14 from Joanne foster. $1375 "valid for travel anywhere in the continental US from any major international airport". All the usual telltale scam signs: final offer, we've contacted you several time, etc. since I'm not calling they can feel free to "issue the ticket vouchers to the alternate".

2 0 Reply

Sep 23

LOL US AIRLINES !!! Really ?!?!?! I received my scam check/voucher today. Can't hardly wait to give my account number to Joanne Fosta. I guess Kourtney had to change her name. LOL. Don't be a fool.... stay in school..... being able to READ is important. Though common sense would alert you that NOTHING is FREE. NOTHING !! I'm sure they will ask for an account number to process some sort of so called tax or filing fee. Then wham!!

Aug 30

received a notice in my name about a month ago got the same notice in my husbands name....
US Airlines... Award Notification ...Final Notice... Check No. 137-453-343 ... No: 1008 ...issued....
1877-687-687-2087 ... amount 1375.00 memo : must be redeemed for travel certificate and no cash value..... Scottsdale, Az. 85251.... 95-689158/262774 1-877-687-2085 ......
you people are horrible....
just like the other crimminals....
I work and have always WORKED for a living....why don't you try WORKING for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 29

I received this same ticket today.Only suspicious note was the fact that it gave a suspicous amount of $1375.00 but in the award notification, it states "this is good for 2 round trip tickets anywhere in the continental US and Vacation Getaways and Cruises are availavle for a limited time." How can they know where you are going? This disrepancy was spotted by an attorney in the travel industry. Are all thier packages exactly $1375.00?

Gumball

Aug 19

I received the same letter, valued at $1375., & became instantly suspicious. Why...#1- envelope flap it was mailed in was never sealed shut, #2- no return address, #3- date of letter was 14 days old, #4- no prior affiliation with US Airlines, #5- no web address listed on letter, #6- didn't do anything to deserve such an award, #6- I would know if they had attempted to contact me several times in the past, #7- this was going to be their final attempt to contact me, #8- tickets
would be awarded to an alternate sucker. Does this sound like enough reasons why I quickly became suspicious ??? Next step....go online & Google US Airlines. Before completing US Airlines in the Google search box, US Airlines SCAM has popped-up everywhere. DON'T GET GREEDY & YOU WON'T BE DUPED. HOPEFULLY THE REST OF YOU WON'T BECOME THEIR VICTIM.
I KNOW IF I COMMITTED THIS TYPE OF WHITE COLLAR CRIME, I COULD PLAN ON BEING IMPRISONED WITHIN 24 HRS. OR LESS.....!!!!

AK

Aug 18

Received voucher for US Airlines $1,375. dated 8/8/2014. Call 844-846-9776. Recent Visa hacking - may be related?

Davey

Jun 05

Got my final notice and a check for $1,450 with call back #855-666-9939. Must redeem by 6/20/14. It's a SCAM.

MaxLambert

Apr 01

Comes in an envelope with no return address. The address portion looks as though it's hand written, but it's actually a computer font that's designed to look that way - don't be fooled. Mine had a postmark indicating it was mailed from zip code 73125, which is Oklahoma City, OK.
The letter has US Airlines in large bold print centered at the top of the page - there is no such airline; but then, the name while including the word "airline" doesn't have to be an airline - doesn't have to be anything at all - it's just letters on a page of paper!
There is no return address listed in the letter portion of the page, as there should be with any "real" business communication.
There is always a "you must respond..." line in boldface print.
You've always won "2 roundtrip airline tickets", but are never told on what airline. There is always a retail value in excess of $1,000 (mine was $1,450.00).
There is always a "we have attempted to contact you..." paragraph, and a phone number you need to call. If you google this letter, all the findings indicate that it's a scam. People who've actually called the number reach a travel agency - I have no idea if anyone has actually received the tickets indicated; most google results don't go any further than the research. Fodors has a very interesting posting at http://www.fodors.com/community/air-travel/us-airlines-award-notificationscam.cfm, where one person actually followed through and posted the results of what happened.

1 1 Reply
Duh

Mar 28 Lombard, Illinois

This is not US Airways. They have nothing to do with this. Everyone who can't read should be sued for idiocy!

1 2 Reply
anonymous

Mar 26 Madawaska, Maine

I noticed today that the same address that I use with AAA is the same address that was used to send this kourtney powell letter from zip code 73125.
will be giving AAA a call tomorrow

Mar 20

I got the same exact mailing today and I figured it was a scam. 1-844-792-7007

Mar 20

Mine was signed by Jodee Foster. .lol I received it today

Mar 19

Yay! Just rec'd my second US Airlines letter, albeit without a check. That Kourtney sure gets around. Ah, where to fly, where to fly...

Mar 19

Forgot to mention when you call, the voice prompt says "Thank you for calling Rewards Center." Nice to know that US Airlines can't afford to send legit letterhead like US Airways can.

Mar 19

We called it to mess with them. We got "How do you know Kourtney?" and "Oh she's not available now." Asked to give a claim number, and messed with them some more by giving wrong claim numbers. Then hung up.
The best response was "Well I don't know if you won. I have to look it up." LOL

Mar 18

Yep got a cheaply constructed letter also. If they want someone to fall for it, they should get a better printer. Number listed here is 888 306 4779. Thanks Kourt ;)

1-20 of 236 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.