US Airways - US Airlines 2 Free Tickets worth $1400.00

277 of 366 Us Airways Reviews
Mar 28, 2011
review #229290

I received a letter in the mail today March 28th 2011 with no return address only post marked Phoenix, AZ.The letter inside stated that US Airlines had been trying to notify me for some time now that I was the winner of two airline tickets worth $1400.00 and that I needed to call their toll free number to claim my prize.

It was signed by their vice president Joyceln Hall. I did some research and sure enough Joyceln Hall is a phony front name.

If its to good to be true it usually is.The outside of the envelope was handwritten and used a regular stamp.

8b6a20e
3.7
Had an experience with US Airways?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
277 of 366 Us Airways Reviews
Alabama

May 05, 2013

I got the same letter yesterday. Post marked from Phoenix, same handwritten address and US regular stamp! The only difference is that the Vice President is Keli Jae. Note to Keli, you wasted your time, money on paper and envelope, and $.46 on a stamp, get an honest job!

Matt

Feb 11, 2013 Almont, Michigan

I got a letter for two free tickets today signed by a vice president and they said all I had to do is go to the office where I knew they were obviously going to make some kind of pitch. If you've eve been to Vegas this promotion is nothing new at all. They have them staged all over Vegas even in the casinos. Each time they are selling a time share or vacation club of sorts and they are very nice unfortunately about a quarter of what your membership costs or more is going to the give always.

In Vegas we burned up a half and got $100 cash money each some chips and a bunch of discounted shows at the best places in town. If had more time would have gone a day early and gone to a whole bunch of them! Here's how you save a lot of time: There are layers of sales soft, medium, and hard closers and they pass on notes from each presentation to the next one you meet. So you carry a letter from the IRS to you stating you owe a huge amount of money to them with interest. You can get logos and such off the IRS sight by clicking copy then paste them on the letter to make it look official. The letter takes a few moments and saves you an hour plus you get everything they are giving away.

Condos and time shares and vacation clubs give away millions doing this. Now for your closing: The first sales makes the presentation and you play along but when the cost starts coming up in the conversation you start talking about bankruptcy and "Can I still
... Show more

Jessica

Nov 06, 2012

I got my letter about a month ago from Monica Hunt to call 866-746-4358.... For fun I called and spoke with Josh. He told me I would need to go to the travel agency in person to pick up the tickets. I booked an appointment and went down there. They introduced themselves and told me about their services and then gave me my vouchers. I had to show my ID and a credit card for identification purposes only. Josh told me I could cover up the numbers all they needed to see was the name so I did. All they did was glance at the name to make sure it matched my ID and then gave me the vouchers.

As soon as I got home I called and made a reservation for the tickets. Departing out of Houston to Vegas in two months. I had to pay $39.24 in Tax and $4.95 for a "processing fee". Today I was shocked that I actually got my airline tickets via FedEx!!!!!! I called up American to verify they were legit and they confirmed!!!! I suggest to anyone who gets the letter to go down, listen to their *** for a few minutes, grab your vouchers and get out of there. You dont provided any financial info until you make your reservation. Its a pretty sweet deal if you have the time to get down there! OMG YAY VEGASSSS!!!

matt

Feb 11, 2013 Almont, Michigan

They aren't stealing they are sending you through a gauntlet to push a promotion which is given them by the travel industry partners to get you booked in their hotels and spending money! There is no way that you've won something and they are very careful to say you "qualified"... by being able to read the letter, make a phone call, and show up to hear a sales pitch! And you have a credit card but they don't need the numbers because they arn't stealing they are inticing you to purchase. The cost of your purchase includes, collectively, the cost of your award plus the resorts are paying most of the "Award"! Some people hate being sold and will call this a scam. Some get free stuff this way all the time and are fine! They sue the real scammers and get even more. I saw two people get free cars! One for a false advertizement and the other had the contests scammer jailed and the court awarded the grand prize, a car for pressing charges to the person who stood up.

fran

Nov 01, 2012

Got one yesterday, dated 10/29/12 and signed by Jamie Cape, Vice President, at 866-673-3910. Apparently, they've also been burning up my phone line "several times with no successs". Mine's also worth $1298.

Robin

Oct 29, 2012

Recieved what appeared to be an "offical" notification (looked like a gov't document), not signed by anyone other than "Awards Department". Mine was received Oct 2012, so this scam is still going on.

matt

Feb 11, 2013 Almont, Michigan

Go to Vegas sometime! They do this all over town only you can get cash on the spot in some cases and free hotels food and great shows. This is a resort funded program and the travel company has these vouchers to get you to listen for an hour. Some people buy packages and they don't rob them they simply make enough to cover the vouchers and a profit too. If they make you jump some hoops and you get wore down you won't go through with it and they still got the chance to sell you something! Did you ever wonder how many millions and millions of product rebates Never get turned in? Some are easy to claim some not so easy. If you do go all the way to the place to collect and you pay the federal travel tax on the tickets you'll get them. They probably not refundable, Limited on dates, and bought in bulk by some resorts they want to steer you to. Make sure you have show stopping financial problem to reveal when you have heard enough of the pitch! IRS problem, Bankruptsy looming or something that makes them think you can't pay for any resort vacation.

Bob

Oct 26, 2012

I got the same letter as everyone else. Their new number is (866) 601-1241 if anyone wishes to call.

florence

Oct 11, 2012

Iam inquiring about free tickets am a Kenyan citizen and appointment with the Doctor in Dec. 2012 in US. can i get help. My email tchepkoech3@gmail.com

cfromnm

Sep 27, 2012

Got one today...they've switched it up. This one was one of those single sheet mailers with perforated tabs to open it. Not from the VP, but from "awards department", dated 9/21/12. Postmarked OKC, received in NM.

kinggeorge

Sep 27, 2012

I got one of these letters in the mail and knew it was a scam. I sent them Monopoly Money.and they were pissed. LOL

Bob from Florida

Sep 17, 2012

I do not understand why US Airways doesn't go after these companies for fraud, not only on potential customers, but the bad PR for their Airlines. These are being sent out by bill collectors in my opinion, for whatever sick purpose.

0 0 Reply
Can't scam me that easily

Sep 01, 2012

I am so upset by this letter. My "free" tickets are only worth $1298 and some people's are worth $1400. I feel so cheated.

How can I get my extra $102. I'd like it in cash please, small unmarked, used bills with non-consecutive serial numbers.

I'm sure that Vice President Jill Taye at 866 803-0250 will send it immediately. Perhaps she will personally deliver it so I can thank her.

Marta

Aug 27, 2012

It sounds surprising how many vice presidents they have :) Amazing, my letter is from Jill Taye, 2 tickets worth 1298.00

TiredOfScammers!

Aug 05, 2012

Got similar letter as others did...signed by Jacklyn Paul, Vice President. 866-384-4896 Google search came up with info that this has been going on for a couple of years! How can this be stopped? It's so ridiculous that these scams can carry on this long!!

chelemot

Aug 01, 2012

Just got one too from US Airliness "Fly the US Skies" 866-445-8630. Signed by Renee Cast. Check written on July 26th, I received it in the mail today (August 1st). Amount: $1,398.00.

On the check are what I assume to be the check number, routing number, and account number:
542610
214440149313
589843022975

Skinny

Aug 01, 2012

I received one today for $1400 signed by Renee Cast, also postmarked Phoenix, AZ. Clearly this is a hoax.

fully skeptical

Jul 31, 2012

What a waste of paper! Got one in the mail today signed by a Lois Adams, but the envelope had a return address for a Ryan & Abby Benson in Orlando, FL. Oh, and I'm going to fall for a US Airlines which doesn't exist and the letter head has no logo nor business address. I wonder if Marriott and Hilton appreciate their being listed as providing a bonus gift!

1-20 of 428 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about US Airways.
Filing a new complaint about
×