US Airways - free tkts award notification

278 of 363 Us Airways Reviews
Mar 15, 2011
review #226845

Urgent official document received in mail - marked "personal and confidential" - stated we won two free tickets on US Airlines with value of $1400.00 and this was Final Notification.Incorrect use of english language in document itself i.e.

" We have been asked with notifying you of this award" instead of "We have been asked to notify you of this award." Another example, "it will be transferred to the alternate." Wonder who is the "alternate"? Must respond immediately or forfeit price. Recorded on record as of 3/10/11.

Signed "awards department" call 1-866-348-0834.Postmarked Oklahoma City, OK.

68ca4aa
3.7
Had an experience with US Airways?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Sunshine

Jun 05

Forgot to tell you my check was for $1,450 and the call number is 1-855-791-2287. So think about this, who in their right mind would randomly send you that kind of money for nothing? If you can't think of anyone well off enough to send total strangers that kind of money than it is a SCAM. No matter how much you want it to be true, it is a SCAM don't waste your time. The person who said she actually got it more than likely works for them.

Sunshine

Jun 05

I have gotten these in the mail a few times, must be my alternative could not go. Another came in the mail so I called today and scheduled my appointment - not. When they sent me the email I copy and pasted the scam alert with a photo of the award with "check" attached and sent it back to them. Hope they get the message, they have been calling my house trying to give away a cruise. I hate people trying to sell me stuff in my own house minding my own business. If I want to buy something I will go out and buy it or order it.

Geezer

Oct 12, 2013

I'm disappointed. I didn't get a check, and the retail value on mine is only $1,299.00 and "certain restrictions apply."

Has anyone noticed that all the vice presidents of this sham company are female?

Amy

Sep 09, 2013 Middleburg Heights, Ohio

Received my letter/check today 9/9/13 in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. Looks like a check. "Final Notice" 1-866-317-8358. Mine says must be redeemed by 9/13/13.
Travel Union
Scottsdale, AZ 85281
Signed by Janice Fisher

Don't feel like listening to any sales pitches and just wanted to post my check info for others. :p

NOT

Aug 26, 2013 Southfield, Michigan

Just received one in the USMAIL.
"Only $1,229.00
However "Too Good to be true".
Save time and toss it in the Garbage before you get burned.

Jenska

Jul 10, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts

"Final Notice" with no return address . Award check ($1,198)has Travel Union, Scottsdale AZ as the issuer. I've seen this before, there is no US Airlines only US AirWAYS. Not really signed by Juliann Rogers. 1-866-247-9193. "Limited time" etc etc, like most of the other loggers, the language is correct now though.
When I called I was on hold for a long time, and then told that bot my wife & I need to attend an "Introduction" to a "new" travel agency about 30 miles away within the next 2 weeks. Said we couldn't make it, so was told to call back in two weeks to see what times were avialable. Skeptical but will follow up at that time.

Kara

Feb 24, 2013 Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Hi all, glad I ckd the net first on this. Looks like this scam making it's way to East coast now. Though I seem to recall my parents getting one of these before and cking the net then, prob over year ago....? So unfortunate we have so many scams going on out there that I forgot about it! Thanks good folks for keeping watch and reporting :)

Jessica

Nov 06, 2012

I got my letter about a month ago from Monica Hunt to call 866-746-4358.... For fun I called and spoke with Josh. He told me I would need to go to the travel agency in person to pick up the tickets. I booked an appointment and went down there. They introduced themselves and told me about their services and then gave me my vouchers. I had to show my ID and a credit card for identification purposes only. Josh told me I could cover up the numbers all they needed to see was the name so I did. All they did was glance at the name to make sure it matched my ID and then gave me the vouchers.

As soon as I got home I called and made a reservation for the tickets. Departing out of Houston to Vegas in two months. I had to pay $39.24 in Tax and $4.95 for a "processing fee". Today I was shocked that I actually got my airline tickets via FedEx!!!!!! I called up American to verify they were legit and they confirmed!!!! I suggest to anyone who gets the letter to go down, listen to their *** for a few minutes, grab your vouchers and get out of there. You dont provided any financial info until you make your reservation. Its a pretty sweet deal if you have the time to get down there! OMG YAY VEGASSSS!!!

question

Jan 02, 2013 Colorado Springs, Colorado

Mine came today from US Air Promotions not us airway or us airline, ill call tomorrow and let you know what happends.

wheelhouse

Nov 03, 2012

After receiving one of these offers, I did some web sleuthing. Believe it or not, US Airlines has a web presence -- several presences, in fact, including one at goarticles.com, a page that claims to offer "content articles." Well, here is an excerpt from US Airline's content article. I dare you not to giggle:

"Whilst numerous promotional delivers obtained via the mail could be of hugely dubious nature, the US airlines offer you is reputable. If you get these kinds of a letter, be sure to speak to US Airlines by way of indicates besides the data on the letter by itself to verify that it's certainly legit and actual."

Uh-huh. By way of indicates the English in the article that the US airlines offer me is not reputable. Or actual.

william

Oct 27, 2012

i have received the award notice travel union
scottsdale Az. 85251
i 866 753 7975 havent done anything with it & i dont intend to go to a sales pitch meeting.
but glad i didnt call i get enough phoney calls now .
and wish they would give up but there are millions of phone numbers i found that were all listed as scam s/would like to have had this award for $1400.00 dolars tho can always use a get away

DAVE

Oct 26, 2012

written by dave in pa and also recieved us airlines award notification on october,26th 2012 and muste redeemed by october,29th 2012!! i have recived this notifacation several times and is a scam!! i've been reading everyone's comments and each one have different #'s mine is 1866-753-7911 issue #1008 voucher#nt-16215 amount is for 1,400$DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!!!!! :eek

Jerry

Oct 18, 2012

I am in Boise, Idaho and received the same mail notification for free airline tickets on 10-18-12. Had to attend an hour long vacation sales pitch with my wife. Boring and did not buy anything. We did get the tickets so its a marketing ploy not a scam. Worth it if you have the time.

Bruce O.

Oct 18, 2012

About 10 minutes ago I thought I'd play their silly game and give them a call. I'm still on hold waiting for the next available representative. Now I just got a recording saying that extension 0110 is not available, please lease a message. I left my work phone and will see how long it takes to get a callback.

Debbi

Oct 16, 2012

Looks like they are making their rounds in Austin, Texas this week. Yep...the same bloody message $1400 for two round trip tickets anywhere in the continental US, and must be redeemed by 10/23/12 otherwise it goes to the alternate. Is there actually no recourse for scams like this??

Ed

Oct 10, 2012

Just got the same thing today, Oct 10, 2012 in Austin, TX. $1400 Award Notification for 2 tickets on US Airlines. Had the same improper grammar as others have mentioned. I always check the internet first to see if it's a scam. It always is. Looks like it's been going on for quite some time. Don't waste your time. They can go ahead and transfer it to the "alternate." Thanks everyone for the heads-up.

Melissa

Oct 01, 2012

:eek I recieved the same notification with the price amout 1298.00. So I call and they don't even give a name just rewards department! What a waste of trees!! Saying that they have been trying to get ahold of me and that they will give to the next reciepent. Big Whoop! and yeah it was a british lady speaking on the recording as well!
I wonder has anyone even spoke to any of those people and what do they say?

Showing 1-20 of 141 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about US Airways.
Filing a new complaint about
×